Getting Involvement in EduvisionNow that you have everything set up, let's get people using it!
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR EDUVISION PORTAL
You are a leader, a change maker, and you are looking to make a difference in your organization with the use of video.
On this page are some resources and ideas that might be helpful to you as you work to engage teachers in using video to create engaged teaching and learning.
That said, we are always available to help you! Contact us and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can.
We hope you find that video can be a change-maker for you and your team.
A short introduction to Eduvision
MAKE IT EASY AND FUN
Video can sometimes seem daunting if you’ve never done it before.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. And we find that fear is often the biggest inhibitor to success.
The video, left, is from a number of our clients who have found that video is not scary. It’s easy.
We have so many client testimonials for what they have achieved through the power of video. This video is one of our faves and was used at a conference before presenting an award to the head of the FCC.
WHY FLIPPED LEARNING ? LEARN MORE
The video to the left was captured a few years ago. Key results they found:
- Engagement – for both teachers and students. Teachers involved say they will never go back to traditional teaching
- Deeper and broader learning vs control classrooms
- Improved test scores
- Strong support from parents
CONDUCT SOME BASIC TRAINING
Show teachers just how easy it can be to create effective videos. They don’t have to be masterpieces! Students prefer seeing their teachers just as they see them every day–but have the opportunity to view and re-view the video whenever they need to. Some simple ideas we have seen that have worked well:
- Just a simple PC cam or mobile video can work well. If you have inexpensive microphones available, that can be useful, but not required.
- Screen capture with voice-over is very popular. There are free versions of software that can make this easy. Find software you like and share it with your teachers
- One teacher captured her lecture while writing on a whiteboard or a flip chart
- A tablet with a microphone can be used to capture a live lecture, making that lecture available for future viewing at a time convenient to the students
Then make sure to share with them just how easy it is use Eduvision to upload and share their videos.
Bottom line, it’s important to focus on the content, not trying to make a feature film 🙂 Keep it simple.
WE CAN HELP
We get consistent accolades from teachers who go through our Flipped Learning Essentials training. They create their first video in the first half hour and deepen their learning from there.
The video, left, is a quick intro to what we do. The 2nd video on this page is a testimonial from some of our clients.
If you are interested, click the button under the video for a free consultation to decide if this would benefit your organization.